[time-nuts] For Sale - HP 5061B Cesium

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Sun Apr 30 22:26:00 EDT 2006

> HP has a shipping exemption for their standards.  I don't know what
> one needs to do to take advantage of it.  In the general case, you
> can't ship caesium, but the HP stuff is - as noted - small and
> sealed, and they jumped through the hoops.

Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.agilent.com/metrology/hazardous.shtml

There is a link near the bottom (long URL so I won't bother copying it)
titled:
  5071A Shipping Instructions

It says:
  Instructions for Older CBTs tells how to label a caesium beam tube that
does not have the required marking for shipping when using these
instructions. This applies to any tube manufactured prior to November 2001,
including tubes inside the Agilent 5061A/B and 5071A.
  http://www.home.agilent.com/upload/cmc_upload/All/EPSG088876.pdf

It says:
  When shipping a 5071A or a replacement CBT in accordance with IATA
international DG rules, check the instrument for the above marking. If the
marking is present (visible through the cover perforation), follow the IATA
international shipping instruction given elsewhere in this website. If the
marking is missing, order Label P/N 05071-80030 from Agilent or download from
this website. Affix it to the CBT as shown. Follow the shipping instruction
referenced above.