[time-nuts] Turning off PPS when not enough satellites

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Tue Aug 1 07:16:49 EDT 2006

Poul-Henning did already give the answer. However i am not very happy
with the formulation

> In other words, it has nothing to do with the receiver, it's
> about what you ask it to do.

because

a) I never saw a navigation receiver featuring a "position hold" mode

b) I never saw a timing receiver featuring a "navigate forever" mode.
Everything that i had in my hands had a "automatic site survey" mode
after which it would return to "position hold". That's why i think the
formulation that it depends on the receiver's primary purpose is not
that wrong!

Regards
Ulrich Bangert