[time-nuts] How do I know my GPS stabilized oscillator is working?

Glenn glenn at net127.com
Thu Aug 3 13:58:35 EDT 2006

Bill Hawkins wrote:

>Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "nice box" and what are
>LPRO, UT+, TVB-DIV? A computer and programs I should know about?

The LPRO is a Rubidium oscillator from Efratom, now Symmetricom.

UT+ is the Motorola Onocore UT+ GPS reciever.

TVB-DIV is a frequency divider, designed by TVB, built by Brooke Clarke.
Still in prototyping, but works pretty well.

A "nice box" is a jewel box we got at a local art gallery:
http://net127.com/archives/images/01010019.jpg
which happens to be the perfect size to fix the LPRO, UT+, TVB-DIV and
an interface board. (Hopefully, I'll be able to work out any thermal
issues.)

cheers,
glenn