[time-nuts] A Simple PIC Divider

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Sat Aug 5 22:47:50 EDT 2006

>    While we are on the subject of PIC dividers, and if the lower
> order outputs (other than 10kHz) are not required, the standard
> divide-by-1000 part of a GPS-derived standard may easily be
> implemented in an 8-pin 12F629/675 saving one chip and 20 pins.
>

> My code, such as it is -

Joe,

Right, this is essentially what my (and any other) PIC
divider does. Simple, isn't it?

And those 8-pin PICs are too cute to pass up.

I like the cut/paste NOP approach too; although it's hard to
resist the calls to delay100, delay10, etc as in ppsdiv.asm.

Note you can make your code even simpler by using one
loop with an XOR instead of two loops of 1 and 0.

/tvb