[time-nuts] Information on the Danjon Astrolab

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Aug 7 21:31:16 EDT 2006

Hi:

After seeing a reference to "Splitting the Second" by Tony Jones on
Tom's web page I read it and found that the Photographic Zenith
Telescope was replaced by the "Danjon Astrolabe".   But Google provides
almost no information about it.  A patent search has turned up a number
of optical systems, mostly for spacecraft, that use star separation for
navigation, and if used at a know location on the earth could be used
for timing.  For these see my  Stellar Time Keeping web page:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/StellarTime.shtml

Does anyone know how a "Danjon Astrolabe" works?

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
--

w/Java http://www.PRC68.com