[time-nuts] Information on the Danjon Astrolab

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Tue Aug 8 05:04:34 EDT 2006

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 01:44:45 -0700, Rex <rexa at sonic.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:33:32 +0000, "Poul-Henning Kamp"
><phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>
>>There's a big difference between "down enough that cows don't easily
>>tip over" and "passes through the center of the earth".
>
>LOL

Oh, you reminded me...

A friend of mine once told me a long elaborate story about a mountainous
section of the world where they had two breeds of cattle --
The clockwise and the counter-clockwise. It depended on which legs had
evolved longer to let them stand upright and eat the grass on the steep
mountain sides.

Obviously, cross breeding between the two breeds was impossible in
nature, and if man got involved with his special equipment to help them
breed, you never knew what to expect. You could get a normal
counter-clockwise or a clockwise or you could get a new breed of
flatland cow or you could get a cow that could only stand upright on a
hill so steep that they would just slide to the bottom. (A wall hugger?)

Sorry. Hope my off topic posting doesn't start a trend here.