[time-nuts] Frequency Dividers

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 14:33:05 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/11/2006 09:57:18 Pacific Daylight Time,
glenn at net127.com writes:

Hi Glenn, Didier,

if you plan to use an RTOS with it (many are freely available for these
chips) which really helps with house-keeping for timing applications, then I
highly recommend the Arm JTAG debugger. The Sparkfun eval board has a connector
for it, and they sell JTAG debuggers as well.

An RTOS makes initializing/controlling GPS receivers, and capturing data
from these quite easy.

Otherwise the Printf via serial port, or a character LCD works wonders (I
posted LCD driver code for the Arm on the yahoo LPC2000 newsgroup some time ago,
 glueless connection between LCD and Arm).

bye,
Said

>Hi  Said,
>
>Thanks for the info, I did check the Philips (and  Sparkfun) web site(s)
>and I must admit the ARM chip is cheap and has  impressive
>specifications. With the GNU tools, I know it will work and  it will fit
>my homebrewer's budget :-) I used to consider $99 for a  development kit
>cheap, but $29 beats it with good  margin.
>
>At that price, I don't see how I could pass on a chance  to evaluate it,
>if not for the fact that I have so much 8051 code (and  a Franklin
>compiler, wich is similar to the Keil)

Please let me know how your eval  goes.

thanks,
glenn