[time-nuts] Tracor 704 query

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sun Aug 20 20:52:06 EDT 2006

The Tracor 704 is a phase angle meter with two ranges -
36 and 360 degrees. The meter is analog, not digital. It
has three inputs - Ref, A, and B. Seems like a phase angle
meter should only have two inputs, but the function switch
has 5 positions - Ref, A, B, A-B and B-A.

My question is, what is the upper frequency limit for the
inputs? Other equipment of this vintage is good to 1 MHz,
but this seems very carefully built.

I feel silly asking about vintage time equipment on this
list, where everyone seems to be pushing for the largest
negative exponent of accuracy. Maybe we could support a
vintage time-nuts list? Ah, but if you're not pushing the
envelope, you're not a time nut.

Regards,
Bill Hawkins