[time-nuts] Shopping list

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Aug 21 13:54:14 EDT 2006

Hi!

I just went to the store to shop, my shopping list ended up being:

2 l of milk
1 l of orange juice
1 pkg of fresh pasta willed with cheese
and yes... I'll have that HP J06-59992A Time Interval Calibrator :-)

When you pickup your packages in the store, this is what you get. :-)

Aaanyway, beyond my foodhabits, the calibrator is used for HP5370, HP5371 and
HP5372. It is a fancy waveshaper of sorts, but it helps to calibrate out the
systematic offsets in the input circuits. This is needed to get increased
accuracy when averaging.

Naturally, it's all covered in a HP patent. ;O)

It has 4 big and 1 small button on the front, 2 LEDs and a 7 position DIP
switch on the back, 4 BNCs, power outlet and a HP-IB connector. Not alot of
"functionality" for a HP-IB connector, but it sure helps to automate things.

Now, does anybody has a manual or even service manual for this piece?

Cheers,
Magnus