[time-nuts] Progress of my HP Z3801A -- Ooops!

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Wed Aug 30 16:23:50 EDT 2006

From: xaos <xaos at darksmile.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Progress of my HP Z3801A -- Ooops!
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:42:45 -0400

> Magnus,

George,

> Arghhh... I forgot to include it in the build script.
>
> It is there now as version 2.0.3. I double-checked and the file is
> definitely there!
>
> http://www.gs3tech.com/Software_Download.html

Ah, much better. After batteling the perl package hell (i.e. finding the
exact right Debian package that will make it tick) I now have it running, but
now I need to figure out how to make it tick on automatic. I also commented out
the "cd /opt/ntp/timelord/shm || exit" line from the G1 script. How that one
should be set was non-obvious.

The current state is on:
http://rubidium.dyndns.org/gpsdata/

Yes, there is a time-difference between the reported and the time of the
machine. The machine has NTP from 4 known good public Stratum 1 NTP servers.
the 11-13 s time-difference is "interesting".

Cheers,
Magnus