[time-nuts] Progress of my HP Z3801A -- Ooops!

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Aug 30 16:39:24 EDT 2006

In message: <44F5F57E.1030200 at febo.com>
            John Ackermann N8UR <jra at febo.com> writes:
: Magnus Danielson wrote:
:
: > Yes, there is a time-difference between the reported and the time of the
: > machine. The machine has NTP from 4 known good public Stratum 1 NTP servers.
: > the 11-13 s time-difference is "interesting".
:
: Might your Z3801A be set to GPS time rather than UTC?  That would
: account for (I think) 13 seconds (or is it 14 now that we've had a
: leapsecond?).

The current offset is 14.  UTC-TAI is 33, which means there have been
23 leap seconds since 1972.  The GPS time scale split off from UTC
after 9 leapseconds.

Warner