[time-nuts] Odetics 325: Replacing receiver...?

Robert Atkinson robert.atkinson at genetix.com
Mon Dec 11 09:34:48 EST 2006

Hi Bruce and Doug,
I have three SatSync 325 receivers. Two have the original Odetics rx,
one has the retrofit Magellen OEM rx. Two have OCXO's and one an Rb
oscillator. The one with the Rb has all the interfaces fitted including
HaveQuick timing, unfortunately it has the Odetics rx. The Odetics rx
needs a downconverting antenna, I've discussed this with Rob in the
past. It will probably work with a Meinberg antenna but I've not tried
this.
The two receivers are form and fit replacements, but do not seem to be
interchangeable without changing the firmware. I'd like to get the
Rb/HaveQuick unit running but due to the additional options I don't have
confidence that the firmware from the unit with the Magellen would work
properly.
I use the Magellen unit with a Trimble aircraft antenna with about 26dB
gain and have had no problems. If you just want a GPSDO without the time
functionality of the SatSync, you can configure it for an external 1PPS
signal and use an external GPS.
There have been some  UT+ rx's on eBay recently that would be ideal for
this.
I don't have a manual and would be most interested if Doug is prepared
to scan or copy it.
Sorry for the late response, I was out of the country last week.

Robert G8RPI.