[time-nuts] Failure mode in GPS receivers

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sun Dec 17 15:04:06 EST 2006

Hi, Poul,

On 17-Dec-06 at 19:54 Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>In message <200612171136230661.088C8673 at 192.168.42.129>, "Bruce Lane"
>writes:
>>Fellow clock-tickers,
>>
>>       In the group's experience, what's the most common failure
>> mode for GPS receivers, especially older ones, that could stop them
>> from hearing the sats?
>
>Antenna damage.

	Are you sure? Especially considering that the other two devices connected to the same antenna are working just fine? ;-)

	Just thought I'd remind folks of that -- My main antenna feeds a four-way splitter, and two of the three devices hooked to it are functioning quite well.

	Thanks.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"