[time-nuts] LPRO-101 with Brooks Shera's GPS locking circuit

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Tue Dec 19 17:00:55 EST 2006

From: Brooke Clarke <brooke at pacific.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] LPRO-101 with Brooks Shera's GPS locking circuit
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:42:28 -0800

> Hi Brendan:
>
> It's interesting that the PRS10 can time stamp the 1 PPS input with a
> resolution of 10 ns.  I wonder how they do that.
> http://www.thinksrs.com/downloads/PDFs/Catalog/PRS10c.pdf

It actually says it does it with 1 ns resolution. A x100 analog interpolator
circuit for 1 ns to 100 ns (10 MHz) isn't rocket science. See the HP 5335A
operations and service manual. Getting 10 ns accuracy isn't supprising.

> When I picked up my PRS10 at the factory during the tour I learned that
> the 10 MHz oscillator in the PRS10 was an improved version of the SC10.
> There's an Allan plot for the PRS10 at:
> http://www.thinksrs.com/products/PRS10.htm <- overall PRS10 page
> http://www.thinksrs.com/assets/instr/PRS10/PRS10diag2.htm  <- Just the plot

Do the PRS10 comes with the 5 dollar tour ticket or is it the other way around?
:D

The PRS10 seems like a good device.

Cheers,
Magnus