[time-nuts] PC clock comparison software?

Jack Hudler jack at hudler.org
Wed Dec 20 17:35:29 EST 2006

Probably what to take this off list.

Eek screen capture. That's one of those heart stoppers on the Win9x platforms,
it's got nothing to do with Windows, it the device driver in some of those old
cards that CLI (Clear interrupts) for a long period. We had issues with this
causing Netware Client's to start outputting wrong time stamps IIR (It's been 12
years).

We solve the power glitch issue with an isolation transformer. We're at the end
of a 15 miles of power line and like you, it pickups a lot of trash on the way.
I'm sure your guys have done this, but it doesn't hurt to check. Failing that
try to push through a req for a toroidal type UPS, there you get isolation with
virtually instant cutover. The only issue I have with them is making sure you
turn them on without any load; in a glitchy environment the huge current in-rush
would cause all the UPS's on that circuit to trip.

If you can setup a NTP server that Win98se box with the GPSCon on it; that would
solve your time synchronization issues.

Question: What are they using to sample data with? Some sort of National
Instruments DAC, GPIB, HPIB device, or network?

Jack