[time-nuts] LUCENT RFTG-m-RB

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Fri Dec 22 09:38:44 EST 2006

I would of replied, but I already turned my computer off for the night.

To answer Stork's question, the GPS is not built into the RFTG RB module,
it's built into the RTFG XO module. But the RB is disciplied off the XO/GPS,
so there is still hope.

Note - neither RFG model has/uses a GPS that I have seen. They must just
phase lock off another signal?

I did get a reply from a person who has both units and the chassis. The
chassis is just an open frame with a few connections for splitting signals
and whatnot. His XO unit got hit by lightning though so it is out of action
right now. Anyhow, here's what he said about the pinouts on the RB:

-------------

On mine there's an interface cable that might be important to you. Its a dB9
male to male that connects J5 on the Rb to J5 on the XO. I'm guessing that
it brings the GPS receiver info to the Rb module from the XO. Pinout looks
weird. Crisscrossed row by row.
1 - 5
2- 4
3- 3
4- 2
5- 1
6- 9
7- 8
8- 7
9- 6
part number on the cable is 105589-001

The J6 RS422/1pps cable is also dB9 male. It connects up to the divider on
the chassis. It brings a similar cable from the XO unit together in the
divider/combiner and then outputs it as three dB15s. Part number of that
cable is 105590-003.

Jason