[time-nuts] LUCENT RFTG-m-RB

James R. Gorr n3toy at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 12:04:51 EST 2006

> I'm hopeful that either the RB can lock onto a PPS
> via the DB9, or a 10 MHz input.

If you can put a 1PPS from a GPS in it to discipline
it, that would be cool.  But what do you have that
outputs 10 MHZ that would be better than the Rb to
discipline the Rb?

Maybe I got this all wrong, but I thought the idea was
you would put in a 1PPS to the Rb and get a really
clean 10 MHz out?

Jamie

--- Jason Rabel <jason at extremeoverclocking.com> wrote:

> > Here are two GPS disciplined standards, not sure
> if they are Rb.
> >

> Those are the XO units, but they do have the GPS in
> them, as you can see the
> antenna connector (looks like a TNC).
>
> The other person selling all the RBs is also selling
> the RFTG-M-XO (same as
> you linked to) only about 5 popped up recently and I
> think only 1 is
> currently left, for like $180 BIN.
>
> I was thinking about getting one of the XO's, but
> I'm going to hold out
> until I get my RB and see what can be done with it
> by itself. I'm hopeful
> that either the RB can lock onto a PPS via the DB9,
> or a 10 MHz input. Worst
> case it could be removed from the lucent module and
> used by itself.
>
> Also to reply to someone else in this thread - I've
> signed up on the Lucent
> website but waiting for verification (manual
> process) before I can do
> anything. If I get any documentation I will be sure
> to let you guys know.
>
> Jason

Fedora Core 4 Linux