[time-nuts] Ulrich's Plotter under Linux

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Dec 26 11:29:21 EST 2006

Just to let you know -- I've successfully run Ulrich's very nice Plotter
program under Linux using the wine emulator.  The only problem I've seen
(so far) is that the ADEV chart has a very large left margin with some
crud that I think may be an attempt to render Greek symbols.  I suspect
that's a font problem that can be cured with some digging around.

I also have Win4Lin Pro with a Win2K image installed on this machine,
and the performance under wine is quite a bit snappier than it is under
the emulator.  (FWIW, the new Win4Lin doesn't seem to be nearly as
smooth to work with as the old version; the advantage is that it will
run Win2K or XP and uses a standard kernel plus one added module, while
the old version was limited to Win98 and required a patched kernel).

John