[time-nuts] Ovenaire 10 Mhz oscillator looking for info

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Tue Dec 26 19:53:17 EST 2006

At 12:38 PM -0800 12/26/06, Cornell wrote:
>Looking for info, datasheet, or whatever....
>
>Ovenaire-Audio-Carpenter (OAC) Model 84-14 10 Mhz oscillator, s/n 26816-2.
>This is a 2" x 2" x 3.25" sealed unit which weighs 11.0 ounces.
>
>The top has two screws marked Freq Adj coarse and fine, and one brass
>mounting pillar.
>
>The bottom has six solder pins and a coaxial output, probably for the 10
>Mhz, and two brass mounting pillars.
>
>The six solder pins, I assume, are for inner heater, outer heater, and
>electronic frequency control, but I am not sure, just guessing.
>
>I got this device from the junk box at the Physics Department of the
>University of Nevada, Reno. The engineers there did not know anything about
>it, but one seemed to think it came from a piece of Fluke test equipment. I
>read also on one of the time sites, that it might have been a substitute for
>the 10811. All this is just supposition.
>
>Any info would be appreciated.
>
>Max Cornell KØMC †
>cornell at charter.net

Max,

Hi. I was just working on a Fluke 6082A
synthesizer last week, and it has an oscillator
oven that matches your description.

I can look at the manual to see if it has any
useful info. Otherwise I'd have to get the unit
back from the radioastronomy grad students and
open it up to see the connections.

--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/