[time-nuts] Soekris NTP server

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Dec 29 09:34:23 EST 2006

Brendan Minish said the following on 12/29/2006 09:11 AM:

> I have an install of freeBSD6.1 running in vmware to use as a build
> staging platform and I think I can manage the custom kernel build
> (although a peek at someone else's config would be useful.) etc
> i have also manged to get nanoBSD to build for me but the resultant
> build file is huge. how do I go about pruning the nanoBSD to only what
> is needed?

Hi Brendan --

PHK is the definitive source of answers about nanoBSD, but I think the
image size is actually tuned to the size of the CF card that's
specified, so if you spec'd a 512MB card, you'll an image that size
(actually, two identical images that add up to that size).  Most of the
image is empty space.  I think the actual code size is less than 64MB.

John