[time-nuts] HP 5345A

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Dec 29 13:41:29 EST 2006

There's no manual fine-tuning adjustment on the 10811A, which is something
I've always found strange.  The trimmer that is present is arguably far too
coarse.  I've owned 10811As that would stay put within a couple parts in
1E-10 per year, but setting them to that degree of precision was a real
pain.

They do have an EFC control line, though, which the 5345A uses to phase-lock
to the external 10 MHz input.  (Unlike, say, the 5370B, which just
substitutes the external 10 MHz signal for the OCXO's own.)

-- john, KE5FX