[time-nuts] Should TICs be run on internal timebases?

Peter Vince pvince at theiet.org
Sat Dec 30 05:39:41 EST 2006

Following the recent discussion of the positive effects of the M12's
sawtooth, I was wondering if there would be similar benefit from
running a counter on its own internal, unlocked timebase, when making
small time measurements?  I'm pretty sure it would help to smooth out
the +/1 error on really old-fashioned counters, but I believe modern
counters are fairly clever, so perhaps there would be no benefit?

	Peter