[time-nuts] Interesting eBay-item?

John Day johnday at wordsnimages.com
Thu Feb 2 12:12:19 EST 2006

Back about 1986 or 1987 HP produced three prototype Mercury trapped
ion standards for the USNO. I don't know if they built any others.
This listing shows just one rack, I cannot recall if it was these
units or a Maser prototype built by HP that was actually in two racks.

Several papers appeared in the mid-90's talking about the experience
of the USNO with these over 8 or 10 years.

John