[time-nuts] Looking for data

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Jan 2 17:15:06 EST 2006

From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Looking for data
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:15:13 +0100

> In message <20060102.102918.41642401.imp at bsdimp.com>, Warner Losh writes:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >A friend at work has the following recordings available over the leap
> >second, and will post them if there's interest.
> >
> >	DCF77	 	(.de)
> >	WWV, WWVB	(.us)
> >	MSF		(.uk)
> >	BPM		(.ch)		This station went to carrier
> >					at leap second.  oops.
>
> Isn't this China ?  .cn ?

Possibly. First clue:

http://www.smeter.net/stations/hf-time-frequency.php

Official page:
http://www.time.ac.cn/jianjie/3.htm

You *do* want one of these, don't you?
http://www.time.ac.cn/jianjie/1.jpg

So, if that is what he meant, yes, but the land-code was wrong, .cn is for
China and .ch for the Swiss transmission.

> >He's interested in the following:
>
> >	TDF		(.fr)
> >	HBC		(swiss)
>
> I have 400 GB of VLF/LF data, sampled a 5 MSPS * 12 bits directly from
> my loop antenna.
>
> It should contain not only HBC and TDF, but also DCF77, Rugby, LORAN-C
> but also anything else up to around 300 kHz (low-pass filter in my antenna)

The swiss station is called HBG and not HBC, right?

http://www.metas.ch/en/labors/official-time/hbg/index.html

75 kHz, DCF-77 compatible code.

Cheers,
Magnus - who should be rigging some more antennas up