[time-nuts] Help w/integration problem

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Tue Jan 3 10:15:20 EST 2006

From: "Mike Feher" <mfeher at eozinc.com>
Subject: RE: [time-nuts] Help w/integration problem
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:41:08 -0500

> Magnus -

Mike,

> Evidently not enough. OK, now I know what VB is, but what is a script? -

Script is a program in some interprented language such that it does not require
explicit compilation. Your good old BAT files (batch) is scripts, just as good
old Shell-scripts in the UNIX world. These days we have fancy languagues such
as Tcl, Perl, Ruby, Python and apparantly also Visual BASIC as script
languages.

Originally ment to just glue proper applications together we now make full
applications in it. This list runs on Mailman, which is implemented mostly in
the script-language Python. Python does compile the script, but when it runs.

Scripts is a way of life in the UNIX world and to some degree in the Windows
world.

Cheers,
Magnus