[time-nuts] NTP stratum 0

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sat Jan 14 13:40:37 EST 2006

Perhaps it needs to be better than a millisecond. I remember an
NTP accuracy of 100 microseconds, after enough round-trip time
statistics were gathered. Perhaps the net is noisier now, and
more uncertain. That certainly characterizes the messages carried
by the 'net.

In any event, the noise from the frequency standards should be at
least a factor of ten smaller than the filtered noise limit of the
Internet, IMHO.

Bill Hawkins