[time-nuts] Relationship of relative stability between distantlocations using GPS and environmental factors

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Sat Jul 1 01:43:36 EDT 2006

From: "Tom Van Baak" <tvb at leapsecond.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Relationship of relative stability between distantlocations using GPS and environmental factors
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:07:53 -0700

> And don't forget earthquakes. The last one near here,
> in 2001, moved my lab (and the house, and the town)
> about 8 mm. See:
>
> http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/quake/

I live in a very "stable" part of the world where earthquakes are small and
sparsly occuring. We had one in (for the first time in maaaany years, something
like 100) Stockholm on about 2 on the Richter scale. It was too weak to come
out to me. A few years back there was one in Balticum which shook buildings in
southern part of Sweden. It didn't do much up here. Never the less I live in a
house which have "earthquake damages", but if you live in the homecountry of
Alfred Nobel, you have to accept that they use alot of dynamite when rebuilding
the local center. I don't expect them to do that again thought.

Cheers,
Magnus