[time-nuts] NavSymm Proteus GPS-DO/Receiver

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sat Jul 1 18:55:43 EDT 2006

Can anyone help with a NavSymm Proteus GPS-DO Receiver (Type
A188-001G6)?   I've discovered Navsymm was bought by Symmetricom, but
I've not yet found any docs on the Symmetricom site for this old
product.

The unit I have seemingly works OK: good 10MHz, 2.048 MHz, PPS, sensible
time string at 9600n81 on serial "TIME" output, IRIG-B, outputs, green
status light, et al.

But I can't get it to talk me on the "PC" serial port.   I'm not even
sure what it is expecting on the serial port, but my efforts to tickle
it into responding haven't been successful.

Cheers,
-- Christopher.