[time-nuts] ERC EROS-750 OVCXO?

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Mon Jul 3 16:11:03 EDT 2006

Anyone have datasheet or operating conditions for a ERC (Electronic
Research Company) EROS-750-LGL-2REVA 10 MHz OVCXO?

It has six pins on the side, with pin #1 on the left.  Mine has a wiring
harness installed as follows:

#1 - Red
#2 - Black and paralleled with coax shields
#3 - Coax center, shield is to #2
#4 - Orange
#5 - N/C
#6 - Coax center, shield is to #2

Ground is obviously #2.

The coax outputs are presumably sine out and EFC.

If I attach +15V to orange, it sucks 0.5A and then drops down to 0.1A.
So presumably this is the heater.

I've tried +12V and +15V on red, but I'm not seeing an output on either
coax.   I'm hestitant to try higher voltages, unless I get some more
info.

I suppose it is possible I need to hold EFC at some level to get the
oscillator running ... ?

Thanks,
-- Christopher.