[time-nuts] questions on uncompensated crystal oscillators

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Wed Jul 5 16:36:47 EDT 2006

Well as I said, it was what I recalled, which does not make it right. It is
a little clearer now, it seems it has to do with the temperature vs.
frequency of the fundamental as compared to the temperature vs. frequency at
the 3rd overtone mode of the same crystal. This is vague and is a result of
numerous discussions with John Vig of the Army Research Laboratories that I
had about 20 or so years ago. It came about as desire by the army to build
miniature TCXOs that equaled the accuracy of ovenized units, but, did not
require the power. Sorry I muddied the waters unnecessarily. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731
732-886-5960