[time-nuts] HP 58540A Phase Noise Improvements

Rob Kimberley time.bandit at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 7 12:14:00 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,

While there are certainly oscillators out there approaching the -160dBc at
1KHz (OSA BVAs spring to mind), some of the phase noise performance of the
OCXO will be degraded by the GPS receiver itself. Not sure from my
experience that this sort of figure would be achievable in practice.

I'm interested to see what other comments you get.

Good luck.

Rob Kimberley