[time-nuts] Hello and HP-5370A question

Jose V. Gavila eb5agv at ctv.es
Tue Jul 18 02:37:29 EDT 2006

Hello Randy,

Thanks a lot for your message!

>Yes, the 5370A has 3 extra spaces.  They're labelled Spare, Memory Option,
>and Service Aid.  The 5370B apparently switched to higher-density EPROMs
>(the A uses 2708's), so it doesn't need the ROM board.  There's also a
>12-pin board near the fan for the oven oscillator option.

Great!!!. So I have a full unit :-). Well, now is is _just_ a matter of
repairing it... as I have got also a paper Service Manual in same deal, at least
I have the tools to start on it. Anyway, if somebody in the list has a parts
unit, please, contact me directly as I guess I will need some in a near future.

>Also, the 5370 and the 5345 really only share the input boards, and possibly
>the oscillator.

Ok, it is not too much but, judging by other comments about failing input amps,
it is nice to have some spares.

Again, thanks a lot!. Now I need, besides repairing the unit, to learn about
time measurements as, judging by the level I see on this List, I am just a
beginner :-). I will check List archives and links.

Best regards,

JOSE