[time-nuts] Cesium lockup

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Sat Jul 22 04:38:51 EDT 2006

From: Didier Juges <didier at cox.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Cesium lockup
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:16:57 -0500

> Magnus Danielson wrote:
> > Fellow time-nuts,
> >
> > This evening I was presented with a dilemma, either to check if my repaired Cs
> > beam would lockup or go out dancing (and chasing chicks). Being told about the
> > dancing a bit late, being inproperly dressed, unshaved and all, I felt the
> > time nut in me was having a strong case, so it became a Cesium lockup wake
> > instead! ;O)
> >
> You clearly made the right choice. This is [time-nuts] after all :-)

:-)

> > Now I may start calibrating my Rubidium (finally after all these years).
> >
> > I have to arrange for a propper GPS antenna solution too. But now I have a good
> > feeling to start the exercises from. ;O)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Magnus
> Congratulations, maybe this will motivate me to finish my GPS stabilized
> HP 10811 frequency reference...

Well, I have to figure out how my antenna cable needs to be pulled. My Z3801
is powered off due to the lack of antenna feed. On top of that I also now have
a third antenna (HP this time, first antenna was a small patch antenna and the
one on the roof is better than the patch, but still) and another GPS thanks to
a "local" time-nut (bg is a two and a half hour drive away).

Cheers,
Magnus