[time-nuts] Z3801 lockin behaviour

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Mon Jul 24 10:57:50 EDT 2006

> When I say it moves around I mean to say that I think it is too lively in
the
> low frequency range as in if you look at the history over a 10 min period
it
> walks around too much in frequency. As I walked into the lab to check
(while
> writing this email) I just turned the counter on and sure enought, just in
the
> first few samples it (the Z3801A) would go into holdover again (frequency
jump
> up in frequency - check ah yes... holdover LED just lit up).

Magnus,

Here's a quick test you can do to decide if your
problem is more on the OCXO side or more on
the GPS side.

Disconnect the GPS antenna and then see how
the 10 MHz looks. You should see a 10 MHz
that is as stable as any other 10811 you have.
There should be warm-up drift, but no noticeable
frequency jumps.

/tvb