[time-nuts] Time Interval measure mesurements

Bruce Lanning blanning at acadia.net
Mon Jun 26 16:55:50 EDT 2006

I am trying to compare my Freq, Std, HP-Z3801A GPS Receiver, to my home brew
Freq Std. using my Freq. counter, a HP-5245L with a Time Interval Unit
(HP-5262A) Plug in. Can someone help me. My counter Time Base opens about
6-8 times and then gives me a reading like 1,345,000.1 My problem is the 6
to 8 times that the Time Base opens and then the reading like the one I get.
The manual on the counter and the Time Interval Unit give me no information.
Can one of you Time-Nuts out there tell me what is going on or is my Time
Interval Unit defective?
Bruce W1GBS