[time-nuts] Some results of PRS10 and Trimble Resolution T

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 22:40:19 EDT 2006

Hi Tom,

The reason I investigated this is that I needed a very good (<2E-012 @  1s)
short term ADEV reference to measure the performance of our GPSDO (which is
around 2E-012 at 1 second as you know :) on the TSC5120A.

I found that I could use the MTI 260 reference from TSC for this purpose up
to about 50s intervalls, then switch to the Rb above 50s.

They both have their strengths depending on the measurement  intervall.

It would make sense to slave an MTI 260 OCXO to a PRS10 with a PLL lock  time
of about 20s. This would generate a very clean output -  the Phase  noise of
the 260 is better than the PRS10, as well as the ADEV <20s  would be improved.

bye,
Said