[time-nuts] Some results of PRS10 and Trimble Resolution

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Fri Jun 30 11:16:35 EDT 2006

On Fri, June 30, 2006 7:44, Tom Van Baak said:
>> Why are dual freq. receivers not used in timing instruments? Ionospheric
>
> They are. But only in the high-end instruments.
>
>> errors are almost removed. Surveyors in every small town on earth are
>> routinely getting sub 5cm accuracy in real time. Are not time labs using
>> it to transfer their cesium time to each other?
>
> True, but what's your guess on the price ratio between
> a 5 cm dual frequency survey-grade timing receiver and
> a M12 or Res-T? I'd guess 100x to 1000x. Anyone
> know for sure?

www.javad.com does have online pricing, not sure what discount "real"
customers buy at. Dual freq receivers are available on ebay.

Whats the price rations between TXCO, OCXO, Rb, Cs and H-maser? When is it
worth the gain do go dual freq GPS, depending on what frequency standard
you are comparing, transfering or steering...

--

    Björn