[time-nuts] Telecom Solutions DCD Cesium

Robert Lutwak Lutwak at Alum.mit.edu
Fri Mar 17 21:17:37 EST 2006

Try downloading Monitor3 from the Symmetricom WWW site:
http://www.symmetricom.com/support/knowledge_base/software_download.aspx?prodtype=TTM&file=Monitor_setup.zip

Connect your PC to the cesium module with a null modem cable, typically
DB-25 on the cesium end.

Start by trying either 2400-7-O-2 or 9600-7-O-2.

If that doesn't start talking, try running "Detect ComPort settings" on the
"File->Configure Serial Port" menu.

Monitor3 should work with most of the Datum/FTS 5045/4201 cesium modules.
The control functions don't work, but it should be able to read all the
monitor parameters, save them, etc.

-RL

Robert Lutwak, Senior Scientist
Symmetricom - Technology Realization Center
34 Tozer Rd.
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 232-1461   Voice           RLutwak at Symmetricom.com   (Business)
(978) 927-4099   FAX             Lutwak at Alum.MIT.edu  (Personal)
(339) 927-7896   Mobile