[time-nuts] FTS4060 Continuing Saga, GPS rain

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Mar 7 00:24:19 EST 2006

Brooke, don't know if this will be of any help as you're looking at your
4060 (and it may or may not be of any interest to the group as a whole)
but I'm about 15 days into what I hope will be long-term monitoring of
my two 5061As and one 5065A against GPS.

I'm using a setup that should be particularly good for intercomparison
of the three standards, with a single counter and GPS source, and a
GPIB-controlled coax switch that reads the 1pps from each source against
GPS for 100 seconds (generating a single 100-reading average to the log
file) before moving to the next source.  I'm also plotting GPS signal
strength and number of satellites seen, and the temperature both outside
and inside (unfortunately, the temperature timestamp is currently in a
different format than the other log files, and the temp sensor is
located near the 5065A, with the 5061As at the other end of the basement
-- I'm going to update all that when I return from my current business
trip to India).

Anyway, you can see the results at http://www.febo.com/time-freq/plots.
  The filenames are fairly self-explanatory; I recommend using the
hourly averages rather than the 100 second ones (at some point I'll have
enough data to reduce to daily averages).

John