[time-nuts] manuals

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Mar 10 15:29:26 EST 2006

Hi Tom,

It is not a rechargeable battery.  It is a lithium iodide
pacemaker cell, and when it dies, it blows corrosive material
all over the place.  It is soldered onto the CPU card.  They are
available in two different packages:  One is a welded stainless steel
disk, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter, and the other is rectangular
about 1 inch x 1-1/4.  Both have 3 leads, and are mounted towards
the edge of the board.  They are marked Catalyst Research.

Replace them with a CR2477 cell that has welded on tabs.

-Chuck Harris