[time-nuts] Telecom Solutions DCD Cesium

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Fri Mar 17 20:07:22 EST 2006

From: Robert Crawford <avitek at wwnet.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Telecom Solutions DCD Cesium
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:49:12 -0500

> Magnus,

Bob,

> Could I trouble you for the photos as well?  I might have a similar item
> here that I've been working with for the last month or so.  It has the
> same FTS 7045 cesium tube and a serial port.

OK. Photos will come tomorrow, but a quick report. After powering it up, it
starts of in the initialization phase, then it locked and dropped out of lock
maybe 10 min after powerup. Then another 5-10 min later it had a longer lock
period which it dropped out of a few minutes later. I was watching the 10 MHz
as it was heating up using my HP5372, whos 10811 has been heater for quite some
time.

I'll let it sit there with power during night and see if I acheive stable lock.

I would assume that it may need some attention such as trimming, but I really
would enjoy getting some facts from the serial port. Service docs anyone?

Cheers,
Magnus