[time-nuts] Announcing the TADD-3 Pulse Distribution Amplifier

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu May 4 10:36:24 EDT 2006

TAPR is pleased to announce that the TADD-3 PPS distribution amplifier
kit is now available.

The TADD-3's primary use is to distribute 1 pulse-per-second signals
such as those obtained from GPS timing receivers, but it can work with
pulse signals up to at least 10MHz.

The TADD-3 provides six low-impedance outputs that deliver greater than
3.5 volts into a 50 ohm load, with rise time at the output connector of
less than 3ns.  It also has two RS-232 level outputs that can be used to
feed computer timing applications.  The polarity (normal or inverted) of
each output can be independently set.

These outputs can be driven from one or two inputs (i.e., each input can
drive half the outputs, or a single input can drive all outputs).  The
input circuit can accept either TTL/CMOS level signals, or signals at
other levels through the use of high speed comparators with adjustable
trigger points.  The inputs can be terminated in 50 ohms, 4.7 kilohms,
or 1 megohm.

The TADD-3 has the same form factor as the TADD-1 RF Distribution
Amplifier.  It has an onboard LM7805 regulator and operates from 7-15
VDC.  Current drain at 13.8 volts ranges from 70 to 250ma depending on
load and duty cycle.

The TADD-3 kit is priced at $69, with a discounted price for TAPR
members of $62.

TAPR is taking orders for the TADD-3 now.  Details (and a link to the
assembly manual) are available at http://www.tapr.org/kits_tadd-3.html.
   Orders will be shipped from the TAPR office starting shortly after
May 21. Kits will also be available at the TAPR booth at the Dayton
Hamvention.

73,
John

PS -- I'm also pleased to announce that TAPR will offer an enclosure
that will hold any of the TADD projects.  Price and availability date
are TBA, but we hope to have these spiffy boxes available by early July.
  We'll post an announcement as soon as the details with our vendor are
finalized.