[time-nuts] Entry level systems

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed May 24 20:23:20 EDT 2006

Hello John,

I have several HP 5334's (A and B), and there is a trick how you can get
from 2ns (2E-09) resolution to 10ps (1E-11) on these great units.

To measure a 10MHz reference at 100micro Hertz resolution:

   * Do an offset of 10MHz (subtract 10MHz from your  reading)

   * then set the gate time to its maximum of 99 seconds.

Voila, the unit now displays the difference between it's internal OCXO to
your source in 0.0001Hz resolution.

I don't have a unit here with me now, but let me know if you would like to
know the steps to enter the -10MHz offset.

Bye,
Said