[time-nuts] Question on disciplining oscillators

Javier javier at nebulosa.org
Tue May 2 13:31:29 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm working on discipling a FRS-C Rb oscillator using a M12T GPS and a
AT91SAM7S64 micrcoprocesador (ARM architecture) using the same concepts
described in the famous Brooks Shera article. I've two questions: For
timekeeping, it is better to turn on in the GPS both tropospheric and
ionospheric models, only one of them, or none. The other question is
about the loop filter. Currently I'm playing with a PI filter, with two
switched time constants (one for relatively fast first lock and once
locked, a slower one). I would like to know, in your experience, what it
the time constant that would be optimal for this kind of oscillator.

Thanks. Best regards to all,

Javier, EA1CRB