[time-nuts] ICS525 Battery Top Singnal Generator - Frequency Synthesizer-Translator, Test Transmitter, (Crystal Replacement?)

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri May 5 00:52:41 EDT 2006

Hi:

Awhile ago there was some discussion about the ICS525 and I finally got
a quote on their demo board it was $57 and 10 weeks.  Well it's been
less than 10 weeks and I've made my own, with more features than the
stock version.  There's been some delay getting all the stuff to do fine
pitch Surface Mount Parts, see:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/SMT.shtml
Version 1.0 has the ICS525-02 (160 MHz max out)  a couple of 10 position
SIP switches, a power supply including snaps for a 9 volt battery and a
14 pin socket that will hold either a full or half size DIP oscillator.
There's also a BNC input connector that can supply the chip instead of
the DIP oscillator.  BNC output connector.  See more at:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/PRC68COM.shtml#BTSG
<http://www.icst.com/icscs/PartSummary.aspx?id=cf3d07a6-2cb4-4faf-8ad6-f4749fb2c1a8&name=ICS525-02&mode=short>

Data Sheet for ICS525:
http://www.icst.com/datasheets/ics5250102.pdf

When using the calculator be sure to scroll down to the results for the
high speed -02 version, see:
http://www.icst.com/calculators/ics525inputForm.html

For now I'm calling it the Battery Top Signal Generator, but it might
have numerous uses.
Is there any interest in my making more of these to sell?

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke

--
w/Java http://www.PRC68.com