Dave Brown tractorb at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 18 05:06:51 EDT 2006

Hey Bill - now you're really rubbing it in!!
If it wasn't for the few thousand miles of pacific between us I'd be
in like flint (hell --there I go, showing my age again!)
But a half decent jpg (if there is such a thing) would be fine.

Very few of the early electronic counters ever made ot out
here-earliest I recall was a nixie display unit (fairly sure non-HP)I
saw way back in the early 1960s at a US Navy expose' at the local
airport, Harewood, which has been the jumping off point for most air
travel to the Antarctic for over 50 years. 5243Ls and the like came on
the local scene a few years later but even then only for the
well-heeled, such as govt depts etc.

Cheers
DaveB,
Christchurch