[time-nuts] COMPARE GPS DERIVED 10MHz FREQUENCY OF TO LOCAL OSCILLATOR

jshank j-shank at comcast.net
Wed Nov 8 17:12:09 EST 2006

Hi,

What would be a good method of using my Z3801A 10MHz out put to adjust the oscillator adjustment dial on my 8130 Spectracom Frequency Standard Oscillator.  When I use the 8160A Spectracom NSB frequency Standard Receiver WWVB it has a frequency calibration feature which allows a local oscillator to be compared to the wwvb signal showing phase drift or slight frequency error in microseconds as well as a frequency counter showing frequency difference in 0.01 Hz and a recorder output allowing for monitoring to occur of several days.

My question is what instrumentation or methods can I use to set my local oscillator to the Z3801A gps signal.  I know there is instrumentation such as Tracor 527E Frequency Difference Meter which may provide some of the features as the Spectracom 8160A, but is this what I am look for.

Jeff