[time-nuts] Predicting clock stability from the various characterization methods

Stephan Sandenbergh stephan at rrsg.ee.uct.ac.za
Thu Nov 30 07:37:46 EST 2006

Hi,

Sorry about that - only have the question came through earlier. Strange..

For a while now I've got a growing interest in clocks, stability and
specifically GPSDOs (mostly quartz). My education started out with the NIST
Tech Note 1337. After studying the largest part of the document I felt that
this was probably not a bad starting point. This document explained the
various issues involved with characterizing clocks (Alan deviation and phase
noise) and I bet that most of you are familiar with it.
 -