[time-nuts] Allan Deviation -> continuing saga...

Dr Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 30 04:49:44 EST 2006

John Miles wrote:
> Definitely an interesting chart.  I don't know how much stock I'd put in it,
> though.  The figures cited are, in some cases, much worse than those
> published elsewhere and observed personally.
>
> I didn't look at all of the test circuits, but there are more things wrong
> with the LT1016 test circuit on page 19 than in the entire QEX article that
> caught so much flak recently. :-)
>
> -- john, KE5FX

The MC10ELT21D circuit depicted in figure 3.4 on P19 will not work if
wired as shown.
The 47.5 ohm resistor to ground disturbs the dc biasing at the input.
Attempting to sink about 45mA from the Vbb reference pin is probably not
a good idea.
If the 47.5 ohm resistor is replaced by a 200 ohm resistor from ground
to the other side of the 0.1uF input coupling capacitor, then the dc
biasing will be correct and the circuit RF input impedance will also be
approximately 50 ohms.

Bruce