[time-nuts] Re : HP 5060A option 004

Marc Bury marc_bury at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 31 13:15:13 EST 2006

Magnus, Tom, Thanks for your help,

I already know www.leapsecond.com, and this is the principal source of what I know of the 5060A, including the missing oscillator...
Also, I downloaded the full HP catalogs for year 1967 and 1968 from hparchive:
The 5060A is described in 1967 catalog, but only options 1 and 2 are listed.
the 1968 catalog only has the 5061a version.
So, no luck  ...

One thing I noticed is: the Cesium tube has "High Performance" written on it uunlike the pictures from leapsecond, so maybe option 004 is "High performance tube" ?
Last minute: the mystery is solved !!!    HP Journal 1973-9 describes option 004 effectively as a High performance Cesium tune upgrade for 5060A and 5061A.

So: still looking for a op/service manual: any known source for a PDF ?
I have only found paper copy so far on eb*y.

Marc